Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Andrea watch...

I can confirm that Andrea has been "mithering" me over this ikea thing for about a month now. She seems to have this need to nest at the moment. :/ I'm wondering her motives with ikea, see normally we treat ikea like a restaurant with a side line in furnature. Meat balls and chips with loads of vinegar on...yum :) Even when we do look at their furnature, we only come away with a set of tea lights, batteries, and possibly a door matt in the shape of a snail.

Anyway, after she wrote the blog last night (Sorry all you Simon fans I've been a bit rubbish with my posts), I caught her looking at car rental web sites. She said that she's thinking of hiring a car for the weekend so we can get out and about. Having not read the last blog from her, I immediately thought of the places that we can't get to easily, namely Palm Beach (where "home & away" is filmed fact fans). Her response was, "it'll be for an Ikea trip as we can't get all the stuff i want on the train or bus" !

I've concluded that a quiet Andrea can never be good, she's storing all this ikea energy inside of her. I'm not even gonna talk about the shoes ! She has been logically talking of getting her mum to send all her shoes over from the UK in a big box. Sorry Elayne, I guess that's news to you...better brace yourself for that one ;) The other one that seems to pop up from time to time is a pet dog.

From my side, I've been the good house husband (cooking and cleaning) whilst Andrea earns me a crust ;) The time in between is spent looking for jobs and saving Andrea from moths, bugs and all manner of harmless insects.

I had an interview today with Sage which seemed to go quite well. It's a three month contract, with the intent of making it long term. I should be told later on this week whether i get it or not, in the mean time I'll continue looking and cooking.

No comments: