Thursday, February 08, 2007

08/02/2007 Meatballs chips gravy but no vinegar

Today was the first of im sure many IKEA trips. First stop was the cafe for the usual, unfortunatly i didnt take into account, that they are not into vinegar on chips here so they didnt have any sachets and therefore my meal was not complete. I would be really chuffed if somebody could send me some vinegar in sachets from england - hint hint - perhaps with some cream eggs.

Anyway as we were on the Train we couldnt buy much but we had a good go. Heres what we bought
1. Single Duvet
2. Pillow
3. Quilt cover and pillowcases
4. Batteries
5. A fish bathmat(similar to the snail mat Simon had)
6. A bin
7. 2 Bath Towels
8. 3 little tins
9. 2 Boxes
10. Paper holding thingys
11. An Alarm Clock

Not bad for 100 dollars. We have seen some bedside tables and a bookcase that we may get, but we need a car for this, which is what we may do this weekend. We shall see.

We also treated ourselves to some dvds. Simon found Seven for 9 dollars which is about 4 pound. Bargain. I got the Madonna Confessions Tour which i think is the tour i saw.

Gustavo and Frederick want to have a party this weekend and we all invite our friends, so im gonna invite Simon and he is going to invite me. :-)

Had a stupid journey to work today. First off i decided i would have ended up missing the 2nd bus therefore i was gonna get the train. So i jumped of the train and walked to the station and was just walking down the stairs when a rat ran down the stairs next to me. I screamed out but nobody saved me, and of course the rat just ignored me and went scurring down to the station. I then discovered that i couldnt get through the turnstile because i had bought the wrong bus/train pass. The guy at the shop keeps giving me the wrong ticket but i was distracted this time so bought the wrong one so have wasted 15 quid on the wrong one and then i had to buy a ticket today to get to work. I did manage to inadvertadly get away with not buying a ticket though to get to IKEA as i managed to not have to put my ticket in at any point so i can reuse it.

The other thing that happened today was at work. Cockroaches are a bit of a norm here so its to be expected that the office has got some, however Brendan told me that he keeps getting baby cockroaches on his desk today, we were therefore trying to swat them and get them to go into the catchers when we realised that they seem to appear out of his computer speaker. We then pulled the thing apart and discovered, lots of babies, but also mummy, daddy and aunties and uncles hidden around the speaker and the board. Disgusting but highly amusing.

No comments: