Friday, February 16, 2007

17/02/2007 Jobs and Crosswords - Version 2

Ok re-reading what i wrote yesterday, i sound really down and made out everything was rubbish. So im gonna rewrite it.

My journey to work yes is an hour but... now i have worked out the best way its not a bad journey. I get to go over the sydney harbour bridge everyday. I get to read my book. I get to earwig strange conversations and i get to pop into the center of Sydney everyday after work if i want to. Like last night me and Simon went for a drink about the Opera House after work.

My job. The guys are really intelligent but at the same time they are nice guys. They talk about politics a lot, which doesnt interest me, but at the same time they take the mic out of each other and are incredibly nosy. We have been known to be watching people out of the windows and have even got the binoculars out to nosy further.

An example of this was that there was a couple sat outside the cafe, they were holding hands. There was a bit of an age difference with them and they looked like they were having an affair, so we decided to watch them, and Brendan even went out and purposely walked past them to ear wig the conversation.

My job is difficult and it is frying my brain but i also feel that im learning a lot of infomation. I can see as the weeks are progressing that im geting to grips with it better and can see my being part of the company. The company whilst small seems to have got some amazing products and they seem to have sold it to some massive customers. Only today i saw that 'apple' had our product. Simon says that if they offer me shares in the company then we have to stay here as they could be potentially be worth absolutely loads of money. You never know though they may get rid of me next week.

Crossword - Again in my last post i made it sound boring and stiffy. Its not its actually really funny, they are very anal about the fact that it has to have no mistakes and everyone jumps in (apart from me) with the answers.

Needless to say with the spying out the windows, the crossword, lunch, the coffee breaks (coffee is a big deal for them), chasing cockroaches its debatable as to how many hours we actually work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad your sounding a bit more optomistic today.Sprout.