Friday, June 08, 2007

Fire alarm(s)

The weather here today has been pretty bad, all rain and wind. I'm sat here at the moment writing java application for Andrea. I've been band from telling anyone from what it is because Andrea fears it will damage her reputation...however, if you pester her, i'm sure she'll cave in. :)

Anyway, whilst sitting here in the room coding away, the fancy fire alarm goes off. This time it was telling us to evacuate and then buzzing loudly. Obviously the proper thing to do here would be to do what it says, but it's chucking it down outside so i go and look out on the balcony in the bedroom at the building and see if i can see any fire/smoke. Andy, the new guy from 'nam then knocks on my door and says "what's going on", i said it's the fire alarm and then move to the other balcony in the dining room to check that side of the building. This time Diana, Daniels girlfriend, comes out of his room too. Now i have two people who really don't speak that good English following me round the flat. Opening one of the windows and peering down for a better view of the potential fire, i notice that both Andy and Diana are at my side also looking down. Diana then says "any fire", and i said "no, just Gustavo's cooking", at which point she erupted into the highest pitch laughter i've EVER heard. Andy had a blank look on his face, either it wasn't funny or it went right over his head. Anyway, I think Diana would make a cracking fire alarm as long as you don't mind loosing all your windows.

I'm back in the room now and the alarms off, so after writing this i'll be back to my coding. Ooo..whilst my editor in chief is away, Diana is like Andrea's mini-me ! Of course, Andrea hasn't got a laugh like that tho (thank heaven).

2 comments:

Tim Yates said...

Is it Celebdaqomatic v2.0?

With added google maps?

Gah! I want to know!!

Hehehe... good luck with the java-ing fella ;-)

Gigner said...

oh, much worse.