Saturday, May 26, 2007

Champagne, Poker and Millions

Im sick and bored of aussies taking the mick out of my accent. They seem to accept Simons accent but i just constantly get the mick taken out of me. We went to the quiz on Tuesday and the whole table took great delight at trying to impersonate me. The quiz was very good we came joint third, we always do so well at the first half but then fall apart at the second, it did make me laugh that nick(the guy from work who winds me up) that he had a 5 pointer question and only got 2 out of 5 and he was so adament it was correct.

Yesterday was a very interesting day at work, we went out to celebrate some news and we went for a very posh meal at a german restaurant. I had a single fig for the first starter and then a scallop, and a little bit of sorbet to clear my pallet and then i had a port scratching type of meal. Desert involved us sharing 4 deserts that each contained 6 little dishes. All this was washed down with a large quantity of champagne. We then went back to the office and decided as we really couldnt do any work we should do the crossword and then played Poker again all washed down with more champagne. I beat the guys because we were all fairly drunk and i kept making big bets because my brain was not working and i kept calling their bluff and therefore kept winning hahahaha.

After that me and Nick met Simon and Nicks friends and went to a pub that was doing free champagne. I had a very good day but I have a very bad head today.

Daniel collared Simon after the crossword and asked him if he could help him. The guy helpin him with his essays whilst very good was not intelligent enough to do one of the essays for him and could Simon help. It was to write a critique of this book: 'The nonviolent Atonement'. Heres a review of it: http://www.westmont.edu/~work/articles/nonviolent.html I cant even understand the first paragraph. Needless to say Simon did have a look and decided that not a chance, there was no way he would even be able to get past the first pages never mind read the whole book.

No comments: